Lakecrest Condominiums is a development of 41 luxury condos built in the mid to late 1980s on a 20 acre site on the west shore of Lake Pontoosuc in the historic Berkshire Mountains of western Massachusetts. Pontoosuc Lake is located about three miles north of downtown Pittsfield, MA. Individual condos consist of 2, 3 and 4 bedroom units with private decks and single car garages. Units are generally owner-occupied and are not available for short term rentals. All units share access to a beautiful rustic clubhouse and lakefront including:
- an extensive exercise room and sauna
- fireplace, ping pong table and game tables
- large screen TV with Blu-ray player and cable TV access
- newly refinished heated swimming pool open May to September
- new swimming dock on the lake and a kids’ playground
- 3 boat docks with assigned boat slips
- 3 tennis courts with one lined also for pickleball and one equipped with a tennis ball machine
- large community sharing library of books, videos and games
- WiFi throughout the clubhouse, pool and lakeside areas
The grounds are beautifully and expertly maintained by an on-site, year-round professional staff, with majestic legacy trees and flower beds covering large portions of the extensive open space. The development has its own marina on about 1000′ of private shoreline on Lake Pontoosuc, where condo owners can moor small motor, pontoon and sailboats. In addition, there is extensive lakeside storage for canoes and kayaks. All units have both natural gas and electric service, with high speed internet and cable TV available for subscription. While most owners use their units primarily in the spring, summer, and fall, the development is open and staffed year-round and all roads and driveways are kept plowed and open during the winter, and are also used for winter sports activities.
The Berkshire area is the premier summer cultural performing arts center in the United States and attracts visitors from around the world. Lake Pontoosuc is about halfway (20 minutes) from the towns of Lenox, home of the Boston Symphony Orchestra’s summer residency at Tanglewood and Shakespeare and Company theatres, and Williamstown, home to Williams College and the Tony award winning Williamstown Theatre Festival and the beautifully expanded Clark Museum. The location is also central to all other Berkshire cultural amenities including Barrington Stage Company and Berkshire Theatre Group stages in Pittsfield and Stockbridge and dozens of other performing and visual arts centers including Jacob’s Pillow (the world renowned summer dance festival), Mahaiwe Performing Arts Center, Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art (Mass MOCA), Norman Rockwell Museum, Berkshire Museum, Guthrie Center (of Alice’s Restaurant fame) and many others. The main dilemma faced by Lakecrest residents is simply finding enough time to attend all of the programs of interest.
World class dining and many new farm to table restaurants and shopping in villages such as Great Barrington, Lee, Lenox, Pittsfield, Stockbridge, Williamstown, and are all short drives from Lakecrest and include internationally rated restaurants such as Wheatleigh and Blantyre along with many other local favorites. Plentiful outdoor activities include extensive on and off road biking and hiking trails within minutes of the condos, such as the popular paved Ashuwillticook Rail Trail and nearby Pittsfield State Forest and Mt. Greylock, the tallest mountain in Massachusetts and located on the famous Appalachian Trail. A multitude of other summer activities such as the Mountain Adventure Park at Jiminy Peak (with several alpine slides and downhill roller coasters, rock climbing wall, bungee trampoline and more) are a short drive from Lakecrest. Many golf courses are available including the Pontoosuc Lake Country Club (just outside our gate) and the world famous Cranwell Golf Course and spa (about 15 minutes away). Winter sports include extensive downhill and cross country skiing at places like Jiminy Peak and Bousquet, each about 15 minutes away with major ski areas in southern Vermont also easily reachable. Extensive shopping areas are also close by:
- Target and movie theaters are located at the Berkshire Mall (4 miles northeast of the condos)
- Convenient drug and hardware stores, delis, and many restaurants in downtown Pittsfield, 5 minutes away
- Home Depot, Bed Bath & Beyond, Walmart and BJ’s Wholesale Club are about 10 minutes away
- Half a dozen major grocery stores/supermarkets are all within 10 minutes
- Outdoor farmer’s markets operate at both the Berkshire Mall on Wed. and Sat. and in Lenox in front of St. Ann’s Church on Fri.
- Nearby towns are replete with boutique stores and galleries
- Lee Premium Outlets are about 30 minutes away in Lee, MA
- Only minutes away from the primary hospital and health center in the Berkshires at the Berkshire Medical Center in Pittsfield.
There are many reasons to love living at Lakecrest, but high among them is that Lakecrest is the only condo development in the Berkshires with lakeside access and a marina included as part of your condo ownership. Ask longtime residents and they will also tell you that in terms of overall location, Lakecrest is more centrally located to everything that the Berkshires has to offer than anywhere else you can find, along with incredibly quick access to everything needed for daily living, so you can spend more time enjoying your time in the beautiful Berkshires.