LAKECREST TRUST CONDOMINIUMS
Board of Directors Meeting
August 17, 2017
Present: Board Members: Lanny Lambert, President, Stanley Hurwitz, Bob Kohl and Melanie Weinstein
Also attending were Sean Cowhig, Property Manager, Berkshire Housing and Jack Richiedei, Estate Manager, Berkshire Housing
The meeting was called to order at 9:00 AM
The Board approved the minutes of the July 10, 2017 meeting and the meeting following the Annual Meeting on July 30th. The review of the financial statements of June & July, 2017 and the capital funds reserve was deferred for the September meeting.
PROPERTY MANAGER’S REPORT
1. Siding Repairs: the staff will identify areas of concern for repair this fall.
2. Swimming Pool: Pool deck repairs are to be finished after Labor Day weekend and will include filling joints between slabs and clear-coating stairs and wall capstones.
3. Tennis Courts: the staff has power washed parts of the courts. There is improvement but it is a slow process. A roller squeegee replacement has been ordered.
4. Lawn Care: Lawn Doctor has applied the third treatment of fertilizer, weed control and grub control.
5. Tree Care: Haupt & Co. applied pesticide for spruce needle cast disease.
6. Docks: A bid for the swim dock plus boat dock extension was received. Additional bids are being obtained from Wes Mountain Property Maintenance, Inc.
7. Clubhouse basement entry ramp: Hill Engineering visited the site last week to investigate the tilting timbers and a report is expected soon.
8. Tree pruning: we received two bids for tree work and the Haupt Tree assessment from 2011 was located and will be reviewed with Jack. Cost to update the tree condition inventory will be obtained.
9. Clubhouse water meter: the broken meter was replaced by Greylock plumbing and no damage resulted from the break.
1. Permission for the addition of a four person hot tub was declined by the board.
2. 17 Fieldstone: Jack will investigate the sag in the east end living room floor.
3. Damaged trees at 43 Lakecrest and behind 6 Oldfield will be removed.
4. Jack alerted the Board that roof repairs are needed and should be undertaken for the most serious concerns. Roof estimates and a conditions report will be provided to the Board by Jack and Sean Cowhig.
5. Crabgrass control measures are needed and treatment methods will be investigated.
6. Treatment for scab disease on fruit trees will be undertaken Spring, 18.
7. The six year cycle for painting in which we paint for three consecutive years and then skip three years begins Spring, 18 .
8. Tennis Courts will be completely power cleaned Spring, 18 and estimates for resurfacing will be obtained from Vermont Tennis Ct Surfacing and Peretti. Two additional benches and a large broom will be purchased.
9. The responsibilities of Catamount regarding the completion of the pool were discussed. A punch list detailing all open items will be created.
10. The ongoing difficulty of securing the speed bump was discussed. We will obtain estimates from two asphalt companies for an asphalt speed bump as well as for road repairs which need to be undertaken.
11. The furnace in Jack’s office is broken and we will obtain estimates for the repair/replacement.
12. A notice regarding recycling was distributed to residents. Sean will inquire whether co-mingling of plastic and paper is permissible.
13. The clubhouse light switches will be labeled by Jack.
14. Problems with the clubhouse furniture were discussed and it was decided that a committee be convened to discuss options.
15. Quotes for sewer camera cleanout have been obtained and will be discussed after review of the capital funds reserve at the September Board meeting.
The next meeting of the Board is scheduled for September 18, 2017 at 4:30 PM.
The meeting was adjourned at 12:00 PM.
Submitted by Melanie Weinstein on behalf of the Board.